We help collateral agents, custodians, depositary banks, escrow agents, portfolio administrators, project agents, servicers and trustees with a full range of finance transactions, under English law and New York law. We have many years' experience reviewing domestic and cross-border collateral packages, involving diverse assets and receivables including aircraft, cash, equipment, hotels, infrastructure, IP rights, loans, mortgages and stock.
Our clients' work typically starts when the deals close and cash has moved. They administer and maintain the mechanics of the underlying structures. This informs our review process, which is designed to facilitate successful future transaction management, in particular where there is an extensive collateral package, or substantial number of borrowers, guarantors, lenders or debt tranches.
Current experience includes:
- advising the collateral agent for a $500m bond issue with collateral held in twelve jurisdictions
- advising the successor administrative agent and offshore collateral agents in connection with a multi-tranche loan facility with collateral in four jurisdictions
- advising the new administrative agent in connection with a DIP facility
- advising the trustee on a loan repack program
- advising the trustee on a Volcker-compliant securitization
- advising the administrative agent and collateral on a second lien secured facility with collateral in three jurisdictions